Why Acquiring Glancee is Just as Important as Instagram for Facebook
I’m sure you’ve heard the news - it is Facebook after all – that Facebook has acquired Glancee for an undisclosed amount of moolah. Speculation is still stirring on what they plan to do with the ‘friendly stalking’ app, but it’s quite simple. And while Instagram was purchased because its popularity and skyrocketing user base was starting to scare the social networking giant, Glancee has been gliding relatively under the radar since its inception in 2010. Let’s take a look at some numbers…
- Facebook = over 840 million users
- Instagram = over 35 million users
- Foursquare = over 10 million users
- Glancee = over 20 thousand users
- Add photo editing (lens adding) options to photos when you upload them to Facebook.
- Make Facebook the default sharing option for Instagram.
- Create overall seamless integration between the two networks so that people can easily connect with and navigate between them and thereby have all social networking (Like, Share, Comment, etc.) and photo sharing options in one convenient location.
Comments are closed