About the Company
Family Care Centers Medical Group (FCCMG) is composed of primary and urgent care medical offices in Orange County, California.
Because of increased competition, one of their urgent care centers was losing patients. Not only was there increased competition, but their online presence was very weak, they had an outdated website, and very few reviews on review platforms.
GMR was brought in to design and develop their web marketing improvement effort and also noticed that the majority of patients were actually very much satisfied, contrary to the reviews online.
Increase both the number of reviews and ratings on review platforms such as Yelp, Google, RateMD, Healthgrades, etc.
- Expand the digital footprint of the urgent care center for locals who might require its services.
- Improve patient retention rates by understanding and proactively addressing their concerns.
When it comes to online reputation in the healthcare field, we found a big discrepancy. Although a large majority of patients were happy with their service, FCCMG’s online reviews did not reflect this. This is because customers who have bad experiences are 2 - 3 times more likely to post a review in comparison to happy, satisfied patients. And because 88% of people trust online reviews as much as their best friend’s recommendations, this can be extremely dangerous for your practice.
- Develop a reputation strategy to reach out to new patients after their visit, gather feedback, and prompt satisfied patients to online review sites.
- Promote patient engagement and brand loyalty through a monthly email newsletter
- Create a website that is easy to navigate and optimized for viewing across all devices.
- Develop a customized content marketing and social media strategy to get the urgent care center ranked highly on all search engines, especially Google.
Since the start of our marketing efforts
- The number of new patients from online averaged 73 in the first three months, and grew to 164 monthly (+125%) in the subsequent six months.
- The improvement in online reputation is largely responsible for the increase in new patients:
- Yelp average score improved from 1.2 to 4.0 stars, and total reviews obtained increased from 12 to 115 in a two year period.
- Total monthly visits to their website improved by 113%
- Total unique phone calls from the internet improved by 107%