Link building continues to be an important part of online marketing and optimizing websites. Google, the most popular search engine, relies heavily on the link popularity of websites to determine the page rank of the site. If your website does not have inbound links from other websites, it will not achieve high rankings in highly competitive categories. Boosting the link popularity of a particular web page or website is known as off-page search engine optimization.
One of the biggest criteria for your website popularity and enhanced ranking in search engines is the quantity and quality of incoming links to your website. Incoming links are links leading to your site from other sites are an important factor affecting how well your site ranks in search engines. It is important to know how many incoming links your site has, their page rank and what anchor text is used in these links.
Probably, the best way to get link to your site is by offering to exchange reciprocal links. This is the process of exchanging links with the webmaster of another site. The procedure is that you place a link to their website and in return, they will place a link to your website. Reciprocal linking is an effective way of generating targeted, topic related traffic to your website. It is beneficial to both webmasters as both the sites benefit from the new-targeted, relevant links. Over time, Search engines will also increase rank after seeing new links pointing from other quality and relevant sites to your website.
But, Google values more on organic link building-building links that progress naturally rather than appearing artificial. One of the biggest things you can do to create more traffic to your website is to create back links from other sites. If you can get hundreds of relevant one-way back links to your website, then you are not only going to get traffic from the links, but also from the increased ranking in search engines.
Link building determines a site’s page rank in search engines. The higher the page rank on the web, the better your placement would be in search engine results.
Tips to build links for website optimization-
- Submission to web directories- You can start your link building strategy by submitting your website link to web directory services on the net. There are thousands of directories ranging from the well-respected DMOZ, topic-specific directories to paid-inclusion directories. If you are on a limited budget, you can start submitting your links to free web directories. For example, DMOZ is a free directory, but has a somewhat lengthy process and it takes patience to get a link. On the other hand, if you are willing to pay, Yahoo! will add you to their directory within a week.
- Article submission- A great way to build natural and permanent links to your website is through submitting articles to other websites, each of which contains one or more live links pointing to your business site. The fastest way to get your website indexed in search engines is by writing articles and submitting them to other website. Publishing quality content with your site’s link is a good internet marketing strategy for online businesses.
- Publishing in social book marking sites- An easy way to propagate your links on the web is to use social book marking sites. You can submit a brief description of your site along with your links to social book marking page. If they find your page useful, they can bookmark it as well.
- Press release submission- Just like article submission- you can do press release submissions to all the major press release sources to build links and create more traffic to your website. You don’t have to do press releases on a daily basis, but doing them in a weekly basis will go a long way to getting your website indexed quickly.
- Forum Participation: This is another way of getting your link known to the right people and you gain the status of an expert here. Most forums allow a link back to your site after 15 to 30 forum posts.