Significant Benefits of Digital Marketing for Healthcare Businesses
Understanding healthcare digital marketing trendsConsider the following statistics from Pew Research:
- One in three adults in the United States say they have gone online to research medical conditions.
- Of everyone in the country who uses the internet, 72 percent say they have looked online for information about health issues or medical procedures within the last year.
- Nearly half (47 percent) of all internet users search for information about physicians online.
- Nearly 40 percent of all internet users search for information about hospitals, clinics and other healthcare providers.
These trends aren't likely to change anytime soon, so if you want to connect with people in the right place at the right time (which you do), you're going to want to be active in healthcare digital marketing. While Twitter and Facebook are still incredibly effective ways to connect with patients and prospective patients, social messaging apps such as Snapchat, Messenger and WhatsApp are emerging as effective tools for reaching your audience. Delivering the content in the format that your audience wants is incredibly important. That might explain the explosion of videos and even podcasts as a healthcare digital marketing tool. According to data gathered by Insivia, online video will account for nearly 75 percent of all online traffic this year, 55 percent of people watch videos online every day, and using the word "video" in an email subject line increases open rates by nearly 20 percent. Podcasts are another area worth exploring:
- 112 million Americans listened to a podcast last year.
- 67 million people in the United States listen to podcasts monthly
- Podcast listeners are growing in numbers.