Press Releases for Internet Strategy
A turnaround in internet strategy is the use of press releases to reach out to millions of users who have internet access and subscribe to RSS feeds. Gone are the days when press releases depended upon a handful of journalists. You can now communicate with your customers directly through Google, Yahoo and other such verticals. Your customers and potential customers should reda about yourproduct on the internet and reach your website directly. You can write a press release about anything in your company. Do not wait for something big to happen. Make sure that your press release contains terms and phrases that customers use to find you. This way you may be picked up by search engines. Tips for Press Release
- Always write your press release in third person.
- Include a quote or two for authenticity.
- Keep the headlines of your press release interesting.
- Add a date to a press release only if necessary.
- Add a follow-up URL in a press release; if necessary create specific landing pages. Try to track the visits from a press release to your website. It provides a useful insight into your customer behavior and is useful for further press release strategies.
- Keep the press release length at about 350 to 500 words
- Release the press release on your website and for submission simultaneously
- Check for spelling mistakes
- A press release that offers a new solution to an existing problem is likely to be picked up by readers.
- Add social bookmarking tags to your press release, this makes it easier for a person interested in your product refer the product to his or her group. In short, it helps in viral marketing.